1. — ______ is the man near the window? — Oh, he is Tom.
2. — I don’t get up late on Sundays.— _____ do I.
3. — I have got a pain in my chest. — You _____ see the doctor.
4. — I haven’t got a car.— Neither ——–I.
5. — I like documentaries on TV. — _____.
A. So am I
B. So do I
C. So have I
6. — I prefer watching TV. — So ——–I.
7. — Should I take some medicine?— No, you don’t _____ to take any medicine
8. — What’s the weather like in this area?— _________________.
A. That’s all right
B. It’s rainy
C. Yes, it’s fine2
9. _____ a coffee machine in the room?
A. Are there
B. Is there
C. Have there
10. _____ Chris worried about the presentation last week?
11. _____ of these two books do you prefer?
12. _____ people are my friends. _____ people are my husband’s friends.
A. These, Those
B. This, That
C. Here, There
13. _____ wine do you need for the party?
A. How much
B. How little
C. How many
14. ______ is certain is ______ the mystery of Stonehenge has never been fully explained.
A. It, that
B. What, what
15. –_______ will you leave for Hawaii?–In around two weeks. I am waiting for my passport.
A. How soon
B. How often
C. How long
16.— _________________.— That’s a good idea.
A. When can you write the invitations
B.What do you think of the invitations
C.Why don’t we write the invitations now
17.— _________________?— I’ve got a bad cough.
A. What’s the matter with you
B. What is it like
C. How was your day yesterday
18. _______people are coming for the party?
19. —______was the meeting like?— It was very exciting.
20. A: I saw Tom just now at the café. B:It _______be him. He went to U.S.A. yesterday.
21. After ______quick dinner, Stephanie likes to play ________ guitar for a while in the garden.
A. a; a
B. a; the
22. Carlos _____ serve the drinks and take the orders.
B. has to
C. have to
23. David is _____ only accountant in my son’s company.
24. Does David ______?
A. like flying
B. likes flying
C. likes to fly
25.— Excuse me, where is the nearest bank, please?— _________________.
A. It’s not sure
B. That’s all right
C. It’s next to the newsagent
26. He can _______ good English.
27. He —–in New York City. His parents—–in Dallas.
A. live, lives
B. lives, live
C. live, live
28. He is a good student. He——early.
A. come always
B. always comes
C. always come
29. He works in _____ Finance Department (财务处) of _____ large company.
A. the, a
B. a, the
C. a, a
30.— How about seeing a film this evening?— Yes, _____________.
A. that’s a good idea
C. that’s right
31. How do I _______ the gym?
32. How many _______ can you see on the table ?
A. cups of milk
B. cup of milk
C. a cup of milk
33. I _____ buy any wine.
A. need not
B. don’t need
C. don’t need to
34. I have two brothers. One is a driver, ______ is a policeman.
C. the other
35. I think there will ______ 50 people at tomorrow’s party.
36. I won’t go there. It’s late now. __________, it is raining so hard.
B. What’s more
37. I’d like to _______ you to a party this Saturday.
38. I’ll give ______.
A. the man the book
B. the book the man
C. the book for the man
39. I’m _________ a list of things to buy.
40. I’m sorry she’s not in. Would you like to () a message?
41. It is eight o’ clock. The boy ———his homework.
C. is doing
42. It often _____ in winter in the north of China.
C. is snowing
43. Jack _____ late because he is a good student.
A. never come
B. never comes
44. London is _____capital of Britain, and it is _____ great city, too.
A. a, the
B. the, a
C. a, a
45. Mark is responsible _____ the international market.
46. Mary is making ______a beautiful dress.
47. Mr Manning _____ in Paris today and tomorrow.
B. is working
48. My aunt _____ for her friends at home.
A. enjoys cooking
B. enjoys to cook
C. enjoy cooking
49. Professor Zhang gave all the textbooks to all the pupils, except __ _ who had already taken them.
C. the ones
D. the others
50. Sally’s parents ______ come and stay with her soon.
A. are going
B. is going to
C. are going to
51. The Business Banking Department is on _____ third floor.
52. The driver was about to drive to cross the street _________ the red light turned on.
53. The shop—–at six every day.
A. is closing
54. This is his book. Could you give it _____ him?
55. What _____ “nr” mean?
56. ——What about going out for a walk after supper?——-______. Walking after meals is good for health.
A. I couldn’t agree more.
B. I’m afraid not.
C. I believe not.
D. I don’t think so
57.— What does your English teacher look like?— _________________.
A. She likes singing
B. She’s tall and has long, wavy hair
C. She looks sad
58. Who is that man over there? Do you know ______ name?
59. You can paint the walls and _____ posters. You can do what you want.
A. put up
B. put down
C. put on
60. You have more apples than _____ do. But _____ are better than yours.
A. us, we
B. we, ours
C. ours, us
61.A: Whose dog is it? B: _______our dog. _______name is Rex.
62.A:Where do _______live?B:_______home is in London.
63.He is a good student. He _______ hard.
64._______ a coffee machine in the room?
65._______ name is Jane. _______ is from the USA.
66._______ people are my friends. _______ people are my husband’s friends.
67._______would you like, tea or coffee?
68.A _______ was the meeting like? B: It was very exciting.
69.A. Oh, dear. I’ve got a temperature. B. You _______have some aspirins to reduce it.
70.A: _______ will the meal take? B:It’ll take two hours, I think.
71.A: _______? B: Yes, I’d like to. Thanks.
A.Would you like something
B.Would you like to come to the shop one day
C.Would you like coming to the shop one day
72.A: _______? B:Yes, I do. My mother and father live in Oxford.
A.Do you have any family
B.Where are your father and mother
C.Have you any family
73.A: _______is David from? B:I think he’s an American. But I’m not sure.
74.A: _______is the nearest chemist’s? B: On the corner.
75.A: _______time do you have lunch? B:I usually have lunch at 12.
76.A: I have a light breakfast early in the morning. B:_______.
A.So have I
C.So am I
77.A: I haven’t got a car. B: _______.
A.Neither have I
B.Neither do I
C.Neither am I
78.A: I’m going to clean the house. B: _______do the shopping.
A.I like to
79.A: Should I take some medicine? B: No, you don’t _______to take any medicine.
80.A: Would you like to come to _______shop one day? B: Yes, I’d love to. Thank you.
81.A:_______ you like a drink? Wine? Beer? B:A beer, please.
82.A:_______, David? B:An orange juice.
A.What do you like
B.What would you like
C.Would you like an orange juice
83.A:_______.B:Hi. My name’s Rose. Are you from London?
A.Hello, I’m Paul. What’s your name?
B.Hello, who are you? What’s your name?
C.Where are you from?
84.A:_______.B:She works in the Oxford University.
A.What does your mother do?
B.What do your parents do?
C.What are your parents doing at the moment?
85.A:_______? B:My father is a manager. My mother is a nurse.
A.Where are your parents
B.What do your parents do
C.What are your parents doing right now
86.A:_______like to have a coffee? B:Yes, please.
87.A:Are there two men in the room? B:_________.
A.No, there are one
B.No, there’s only one
C.Yes, there is one
88.A:Could you ring them up please? I’m sometimes quite nervous on the phone. B:_______.
A.Are you? I am fine
B.Yes, why don’t you call them?
C.Yes, of course. I will phone them for you.
89.A:He has got two sisters. B:_______.
A.So have I
B.So am I
C.So do I
90.A:Hello, Linda, how are you? B:_______.
A.Very good. Are you good?
B.Very well, thank you. And you?
C.Hello, Rose, how do you do?
[答案]:At about 2:30 pm on May 12, 2008, a strong earthquake struck Wenchuan, which is 159 kilometers away from Chengdu.
2. He is good at web-design, much better than her.
3. He’s currently working on TV advertisements.
4. I am looking for a flat on the ground floor.
5. She doesn’t like borrowing things from others.
6. You can— eat and drink in the office, but you can’t smoke here.
[答案]:Sixty percent of the travelers prefer to live in the rooms whose windows face south.
8. 比起乘坐拥堵的公共汽车，他甘愿骑自行车.(prefer to do sth rather than do sth)
[答案]:Rather than ride on a crowded bus, he always prefers to ride a bicycle.
9. 不论你相不相信, 咱们现已逐渐地能够用英语流利地表达了.(believe it or not, gradually, express, fluently)
[答案]:Believe it or not, we have gradually become able to express ourselves fluently in English.
[答案]:Not all the injured people were sent to hospital.
11. 城市一片废墟，上百万的人无家可归.(in ruins, millions/thousands of)
[答案]:The city lay in ruins and millions of people / hundreds of thousands of people had no place to live.
12. 依据新闻报道，是气候决议嫦娥二号发射的精确时刻.(according to, it is ….that着重句 )
[答案]:According to the news report, it is the weather that will determine the exact launch time of Chang’e Two.